Number of posts : 163
    Registration date : 2009-02-26

Character sheet
    Name: Skyrion VIII
    Race: Half-Elf
    Class: Noble

History

Post  Eternity on Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:52 pm

If there's ever anything you guys want to know, ask here, or in private and I'll post it here. Otherwise, whenever something comes up I feel you should know, or if inspiration strikes me, I'll randomly post articles here.
    Eternity
    Admin

Male

Character sheet

Re: History

Post  Eternity on Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:41 pm

THE UNIFICATION WARS

In the beginning of recorded history, four tribes rose up to take the world by force. These wars burned for decades, before the Gathiss, nomadic dwellers of the deserts and their dragon allies, formed a shaky alliance with the Llairnan, a strong coalition of elves and sprites who inhabited the frozen forests to the north. An ocean away, however, repeated and vicious battles raged over a whole continent. The Ak-Nazir were in a strong position, with their technology, magical prowess, and sheer genius tacticians. The Geynrmen, though they were much stronger, more plentiful, and had nigh unbreakable spirits, were being beaten back more every day. Until a unit got detached and lost. All hope was lost for them, until one stumbled upon something. A door into a mountainside, which for some reason, the snow would refuse to land near. Indeed, lush grass was growing several feet in front of it. This was the defining moment of the war. News was sent. Anyone who was willing to swear fealty to the leader of the unit, Janes Shardes, was welcome to join him in what would come to be known as the Crystal Palace. Thus a fifth tribe emerged, the Shardeans.
    Eternity
    Admin

Male

Character sheet

Post  Eternity on Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:41 pm

THE NATION OF SHARDIS

With the Crystal Palace his, the newly self-proclaimed King Shardes was secure. The palace, built long before any of the tribes had even figured out how to speak, seemed impenetrable. Many of his former comrades swore fealty to him, leaving their great heritage from one they saw even greater. Many, however, wished to follow their war-king, and turned the tide to attack their former brethren. The battle to defeat the Ak-Nezir would center around the Palace, both sides knew. To defeat them, they would need to take it. The siege lasted nearly a month. Those few barbarians who survived being pinned between the Nezerim and the Shardeans took refuge in the Palace, at the cost of their dignity. Using it at a headquarters, and the ancient weaponry found within, a small group of elite soldiers were trained, with King Shardes himself at the lead. These would later become the Knights of the Crystal Order. These knights, nearly singlehandedly, brought down the entire nation of Ak-Nezir in a mere eight years. The Crystal Palace would remain the political center of the new nation of Shardis, who's empire spanned the entire continent. It would only be a matter of time before they turned their attention seaward...
    Eternity
    Admin

Male

Character sheet

Post  Eternity on Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:05 am

THE COLONIZATION

Eventually, Shardean society grew from it's barbaric roots, and they had settled quite well, most of the cities in the north being based off of razed Ak-Nazir settlements, while those in the south were built with a specifically peaceful architecture. It was always commonly accepted that there was a second continent, but nobody had ever been there and returned. After months of calculations, one daring captain assembled a fleet, departing from somewhere nobody had thought of before, which he claimed was ideal. A crew was assembled due to the sole fact that he promised them a godly amount of money for a successful trip. Manned by near-suicidal sailors and led by the craziest of them all, they somehow made it, and were even able to chart the path. Luckily for the captain, he was given a grant by King Shardes IV large enough that he was even able to pay the crew what he had lied about to them.

This laid the groundwork for a full-scale invasion of the other continent. Of course, having dealt almost entirely with peacetime, Shardes IV used diplomacy instead, and the invasion was completed in four years and startlingly minimal casualties. In exchange for near-complete sovereignty, the other tribes agreed to swear fealty to Shardes. This was the formation of the Empire of Shardis, and is why we now call the planet itself Shardis.
    Eternity
    Admin

Male

Character sheet

Post  Eternity on Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:38 am

THE GOLDEN AGES

Relative peace was maintained for some time. Eventually, the empire ended up split in several kingdoms, though each king was ultimately below King Shardes VII. Each kingdom would maintain it's own army, and would occasionally go to war. Shardes allowed this, seeing the conflict as being healthier than letting them bottle it up, though inevitably, when things went too far, the Knights of the Crystal Order would enter, and even the playing field, putting down the armies of both sides. Diplomats would then be sent in to resolve the conflict between the weary lesser kings.

One fateful year, the king took sick. Having no heir, it was thought that the long line of Shardes would end. When he did pass though, his wife took the throne in his stead, leading the country with skill and remarrying. This became the Age of Queens. Even after she passed away, her daughter took the throne, instead of her son. The kings now fulfilled the position that queens once did. It was a time of many changes in literature, art, music, and invention. This renaissance of sorts also ushered in a time of respect for women, that still echoes today, a dramatic shift from the nation's origins.

It can be noted that it was during these generations that the name Shardes was changed to Shardis. This was primarily due to an evolving language, and an effort to retain the proper pronunciation without causing too much issue to the readers of the time.
    Eternity
    Admin

Male

Character sheet

Post  Eternity on Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:22 pm

THE SHIFTING

The golden ages came to an end when Queen Eltae Shardis I was killed in her sleep. The assassin was never found, and the land mourned her loss. At merely eight years old, however, her son, Skyrion Shardis I took the throne and showed exceptional leadership skills. Many reform were made yet again, creating a powerful economic growth, and furthering magical and technological advancements at an unprecedented rate. The Knights of the Crystal Order were re-empowered from their status as ceremonial guards to the queen, as Skyrion quadrupled their numbers and re-opened the training halls at the Crystal Palace, which to this day, under the law of King Shardes I, has been unrevealed on any map and indeed, only the Knights and the royal family know about. The difference between Skyrion's rule was that he spent most of his time at the palace, communicating with Castle Greystone, the former capitol, via messengers and seers. This mystery and lack of public presence led to much speculation by the populace, none of which was ever confirmed.

A few decades after Skyrion I took the throne, a great war broke out, that few men fought in. The Shattered, a rebel group of ex-Knights, teamed up temporarily with the Crystal Knights, and fought valiantly to, presumably, protect the empire. The enemy was never officially declared, nor was any information regarding the war. Most of the Shattered were executed for treason when the battle was over, though some escaped.

Eternity
    Admin

Male

Character sheet

Post  Eternity on Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:27 am

HAHA DISREGARD THAT I SUCK COCKS

I just found my wiki that I made 2.5 years ago. So I'm going to tweak it to work given the new information, then delete this thread. Link will come soon.

Keeran

Number of posts : 12

Character sheet
    Name: Keeran Fox
    Race: Eladrin
    Class: Rogue

Post  Keeran on Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:39 am

You mean I just read all that for nothing?
    Eternity
    Admin

Male

Character sheet

Post  Eternity on Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:49 am

It'll make rereading it faster.